- Informing all clients When CAOS needs to be updated it is now possible to send a message informing all users that CAOS will not be accessible for certain period directly to all clients. This will work as a service message so users have time to save their documents and ensure that nothing will be lost during the update process.
- CAOS table exported to html With this new feature it is possible for the user to export a CAOS table to html. This can save time and help creating an overview of process. The html-document can be saved on the desktop and even made into a PDF-file and printed if this is needed.
- Close clients It is now possible to inform all users to close the CAOS client via a message system, when updates have to be done from central hold. More, it is also possible to close all clients and install the update. Users, who might be away will then be notified about the change when they go back to work in CAOS.
- Downgrading CPU use on PC clientThe PC client was using too much CPU. This is now fixed and the user will experience a normal amount of CPU use.
- Configurable deadline colors Every state in a deadline field can now be marked with a custom color to improve support of the different productions needs. This means that the user has full control of the colors used e.g start as red, change to yellow three days before deadline and end with a green color when everything is ready for print.
- Zip ‘n Download activated A user can now gather content from a magazine created on one sever and CAOS will zip everything and send it to the desktop on another server as long as they both share CAOS.
- Workflow Menu in Flatplan simplified The Workflow Menu in flatplan has been simplified to create a better user experience. It is now very easy for the user to change the workflow or continue the job in InDesign® with a few simple clicks.
- Blue handlebar in Flatplan more visible To create a better user experience the cursor now changes to a resize cursor to make it visible for the user, when he or she has chosen the right subject.
- Multiple line editing in table With this improvement it is now possible for the user to work in one large text box with multiple lines in the table. Earlier the user was limited to work with a one line system in the table.
- Force resolve on notifications All users now have the opportunity to force resolve on notifications. When an administrator has found a notification that has be resolved, he or she can then delete a notification to keep a great overview of the process.
- Validating files When a text document is exported from one server to another, files are now automatically copied to a production server and checked for consistency. This is a service that validates files and make sure no files get lost during the language editing process.
- FileDiscovery update Sometimes file transfers can be delayed by a slow Internet connection. It is now possible to set a file in quarantine, if the connection is very slow. This function can be activated by an administrator and is done very easy.
- Dialog box disappears automatically When a file has been sent to an external user, a dialog box appears to explain about the process. Earlier a user should manually close this box, now it is set automatically to disappear after a few seconds.
- Panning/scrolling in FlatplanWhen moving toward the top or bottom edge of a window in CAOS, the automated scrolling of the flatplan used to pick up high speed very fast. This is now improved so the speed of the scrolling is down to a slower pace, and it is possible for the user to keep track of the whole process.